Sunday, 21 December 2008
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
I've just listed these three beautiful original digital Giclee prints, my 'Ghost Tree' series.
These were created from an original mixed media painting which was then digitally enhanced to create these stunning, colourful designs. The Giclee print is a long lasting image, printed to the highest quality.
I can't do justice to the beautiful quality of these prints - they are so velvety and rich! The high quality lightly textured paper combined with the archival inks produces a luxurious and velvety finish, with rich deep greens, reds, purples, golds and blues - vibrant and beautiful!
These would look fantastic framed as a set, or individually. Beautiful trees, lovely rich colours, stunning quality prints!
All three are available in my Etsy shop http://www.dickandfranny.etsy.com/
Sunday, 30 November 2008
1. Monarch by Brush with Imagination , 2. Butterfly ACEO by Small Town Artist , 3. Butterfly ACEO by Jean Baardsden , 5. Butterflies No. 4 by Acarrdian , 6. Blue Butterfly by Rosalie Rushing , 7. Late Summer Letter No 1 by Sabine & Sydney , 8. Lullaby by Jodie Hurt , 9. Butterfly ACEO by Art Snark , 10. ACEO Bounty Butterfly by HarveStorm , 11. Textile Butterfly ACEO by Judith Sandala , 12. Butterfly 2 ACEO by Red Cat Mom , 13. Blue Swallow tail Butterfly by Backroom Treasures , 14. Exercise 30 by Jodie Hurt , 15. Butterflies by Lazy Hawk , 16. Butterfly ACEO by Fancy K
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Here is the painting I posted for my blog, it's the latest in my experiments into slightly abstract, slightly cubist still life and it's called 'Yellow Vase':
I'm really happy with it, I love the blues and the contrast with the mustard yellow - gorgeous! And I had great fun with the patterns in the background. I've uploaded it to my Etsy Shop, so it's up for grabs! http://www.dickandfranny.etsy.com/
The other painting I've posted to VAST is this watercolour called 'Church'. I really love this too, again, slightly experimental with the stylised trees. I was a bit shocked to see how much I've reduced it to! Oh well!
To see all of my VAST Sale items you can go straight to this link:
There are some fab bargains! I've probably been a bit too generous because I'd really like to kick start my sales! :-)
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Monday, 3 November 2008
I love blue and it shows!
Here is a small selection of the original blue art available in my shop at the moment :-)
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
Russell-Cotes Gallery site: http://russell-cotes.bournemouth.gov.uk/default.asp
Sunday, 19 October 2008
In the UK we are entitled to free mammograms on the NHS but this isn't the case in the US.
Clicking on the Breast Cancer site means that sponsors donate free mammograms to those in need. Visitors pay nothing. Mammograms are paid for by the site's sponsors and distributed by the National Breast Cancer Foundation. To help click here
In my mosaic pic I've selected a few of my prettier paintings. I chose a little pink border for it but it doesn't quite show up!
Saturday, 18 October 2008
Wow, I've been blogging for only a week and I've been tagged! Thanks Hens Teeth! :-)
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 interesting/random facts about yourself on your blog
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, leaving their names as well as links to their blog
4. Leave a comment on each of their blogs to let them know they've been tagged!
Seven facts about me....
1. I love quizzes, trivia, puzzles and all things quizzy. University Challenge is my fave quiz at the moment, even if I can only get a handful of questions right each week. Unbelieveably, my parents were both on a team that competed on Uni Challenge - it would be fantastic to get a copy of the footage some day!
2. I once had to check for bombs in the toilets at Kings Cross station. I was working there as a cleaner at the time and apparently it was standard practice before important visitors - I think Prince Charles was visiting that day. Cleaning Kings Cross was actually preferably to some of the other jobs I've had - the worst was definitely working in a bank call centre.
3. I collect things - Jugs, postcards, fridge magnets, marbles, Agatha Christie novels and snow globes - to name a few.
4. I've had tea with the Queen. Not entirely true, but I did go along to a garden party at the palace when I was about 15. I can't remember much about it apart from my lovely pink outfit and ridiculous pink high heels.
5. I love Fred and Ginger films - Carefree, Swing time and the Gay Divorce are some of my faves. I also love Hitchcock films - Vertigo, Rope and Notorious are just amazingly good!
6. I love music - pop, jazz, folk, country, indie, opera, dance - as long as it's got a great tune, beautiful vocals and great lyrics!
7. I play football but never watch it. I'd recommend it to anyone - 5 aside girls football, it's a great laugh, good exercise and a great way to unwind!
Here are my 7 taggies - your turn! :
Sigrid Frensen - http://sigridfrensen.blogspot.com/
Linda Hammelman - http://hammelmanart.blogspot.com/
Calvin Tang - http://calvidanny-blogger.blogspot.com/
Mary Ellen Golden - http://maryellengolden.blogspot.com/
Suzanne Smith - http://abrushwithcolor.blogspot.com/
Lizzie T - http://lizzytdesigns.blogspot.com/
Sarah and Rachel - http://roxycreations.blogspot.com/
Monday, 13 October 2008
Some of the photos are a bit too dark but I managed to remember to take a few as I painted this picture of three Sycamore leaves. View the set as a slideshow , or have a look at the set on Flickr for some notes on each of the steps.
I can't remember how I discovered Scrapblogging but it was instantly addictive! I haven't done any scrap-booking since I was a girl and I'd never thought of digital scrap booking.
Scrapblog is a fantastic site, it makes it so easy to put together digital collages from your own photos and from digital scraps that the site provides under themed headings.
This is one of my first attempts at a digital scrapbook of my floral paintings:
Friday, 10 October 2008
Inspired by beautiful blogs like Sigrid's: http://sigridfrensen.blogspot.com/ ,
Gustavo Aimar's: http://www.mimesa.blogspot.com/
and France Belleville's: http://wagonized.typepad.com/wagonized/
to name a few, I've decided that I need a blog to display my artwork and tell you a bit more about the process, trials, highs and lows of my artistic experiments...
This is me - not sure why I look so confused but I was working on a commision which was going quite badly!